NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
Msc in management (MIM)
15 Kent Ridge Drive, Singapore
NUS MiM Overview
NUS provides a strong foundation of management and leadership to the students with a multicultural environment. NUS helps students to learn how transformative education and disciplinary research develop and build the personality of the students as global leaders. NUS global exposure prepare students to become global leaders,
NUS+CEMS double degree
Stellar global alumni network
|QS WORLD RANKINGS ’18||15|
|QS WORLD RANKINGS ’18||15|
Program and Curriculum
Msc in management at NUS provides the key factors of management to the students to enhance their leadership skills and gives them global exposure through their 31+ member schools and 70+ corporate partners. Msc in management at NUS is a full-time programme consist of 40 modules over two semesters, Msc in management provides a solid foundation in areas of management, business, and entrepreneurship with a multicultural experience.
- Business Analysis and Valuation
- Financial Management of Family Business
- Behavioural Economics
- Design Thinking and Business Innovations
- Consumer Culture Theory
- Venture Capital
- Asian Business Environments
- Entrepreneurial Strategy
- Current Trends in Growth Markets
- Strategy and Big Data
- Ethical Leadership and Corporate Strategy
- Macroeconomics and Finance: Perspectives from Asia
- Global Supply Chain Management
- The Knowledge & Innovation Economy 4.0
- International Finance
- Valuation and Mergers & Acquisitions
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Becoming Future Prepared Global Leaders
- New Venture Creation Practicum: Lean Startup Method
- Market Practice & Impact
- Special Topics in Business – Asian Management and Leadership
- Managing Business Networks
- Communication and Influencing Skills for Managers
- NUS-ISS StackUp Preview Talk
- Briefing Session for Employers on Professional Conversion Programme for Data Analyst and FullStack Software Developer
- Smart Health Designathon 2016
- NUS Open Day Talk: Smart Nation Data Analytics
- NUS Open Day Talk: Embracing IoT and artificial intelligence for the future
- NUS-ISS Learning Day 2018
Overall MiM NUS Placements are pretty good, and hence NUS Masters in Management is an attractive proposition for most people.
Want to know your chances at NUS?
With GANO (Global alumni network office) NUS maintains a strong alumni network of 35000 alumni present in more than 50 countries all over the world for job oriented relations as well for other student training and development. NUS MSc in management established its alumni club (MMAC) in 2016 and is growing incredibly.
Some Famous Alumni
- Mim-Lang Tan (Creative director of Razer Inc & CEO of THX)
- Jeanette Aw (Mediacorp actress, filmmaker, and author)
- Kishore Mahbubani (Former diplomat and professor of public policy at NUS)
- 3 year or 4-year business degree with strong academics, TOEFL or IELTS score card( for those whose mother tongue is not English) TOEFL score must be at least 260 for computer-based test, 620 for paper-based test and 100 for Internet-based test. IELTS overall band score must be at least 7.0.
- A letter of motivation (not less than 500 words).
- Strong performance in an interview (only for shortlisted students).
- GMAT is not compulsory but it is required only for CEMS dual degree programme and good GMAT score will be considered eligible for study award (Scholarship).
- NUS does not require any work experience for the programme.
AASCB, & EQUIS
|Round 1||31st January 2019|
|Round 2||15th July 2019|
Application Deadline Approaching in
Connect with National University of Singapore
- Letter of motivation (Not more than 500 words)
- Copy of official identification document.
- TOEFL, IELTS score card (TOEFL score must be at least 260 for computer-based test, 620 for paper-based test and 100 for Internet-based test, IELTS overall band score must be at least 7.0)
- Full degree Scroll
- Finacial support transcript ( self-finance, company sponsored, others)
- GMAT score card ( Recommended)
The NUS Msc in management application comprises of 3 long essays and some short answer questions. NUS takes its essays very seriously and uses it as a medium to understand the strengths and weaknesses of prospective students. So make sure your essays are top notch.
NUS MiM Long Essays
Question 1 (600 words)
What motivates you to further your academic and professional interest in business and why do you want to pursue the Masters in Management or Global MiM programme at NUS?
Question 2 (400 words)
During your time as a student, how will you contribute to the NUS community?
Question 3 (Global MiM applicants only)
Global MiM applicants will be required to complete an additional video essay component of the application via Kira Academic. You will receive the details of how to access your video questions via Kira within one week of submitting your application.
NUS Msc management Short Questions
The NUS Application consists of several short questions which in many ways supplement your essay questions and cover different areas of your profile. Don’t make the mistake of underestimating these short questions and make sure they add to the profile you have created in your long essays and don’t just reiterate what you have already mentioned.
- Please tell us which country/countries you hope to work in after graduation
- What are your post-Masters in Management /Global MiM career goals? Please state your ideal sector, role and function (300 words max)
- What would be your Plan B career goals? (300 words max)
- Tell us about your main interests and activities in your free time (400 words max)
- Please tell us your most significant international experiences to date: (100 words max)
- Based on your current knowledge of the programme, what do you think will be the key challenges for you during the Masters in Management/ Global MiM, both academically and personally? How do you intend to overcome these challenges? (300 words max)
- We encourage applicants to take into consideration the impact of study on family and friends. Who have you discussed your plans with and what was the response? (300 words max)
- If you know any National University of Singapore Alumni or Students, please give their names, graduating class and tell us how you know them. (300 words max)