Masters in Management
Jouy-en-Josas, France Doha, Qatar
HEC Paris MiM Overview
The MiM program at HEC Paris is designed for the leaders of tomorrow. It has maintained it’s top rank consistently.The placement and average salary records are highly impressive. The brilliant achievements of the HEC alumni is praiseworthy.
|QS World Rankings ’18||1|
Program and Curriculum
HEC Paris offers a diverse range of programs specializing in education, research and management. The students come from diverse nationalities, creating a dynamic environment on campus. HEC has a 97% placement record. The location is quite alluring as it is in close proximity to Paris. Field trips, language and certificate courses are among the many exciting things that HEC Paris has to offer. No wonder why the biggest of the big companies recruit many of the HEC Paris graduates.
- Credit rating
- International banking
- Project Finance
- Business strategy for digital age
- Ethics and sustainability
- Global Human Resources Management
- Business performance management
- Company law
- Corporate Finance
- Decision and data modelling
- Financial accounting
- Financial markets
- Financial economics
- Methods of cost analysis
- Operations and supply chain management
- Business Law
- Public Affairs
- Sustainability and social innovation
- Media, arts and creation
- Cognitive science
Students have many opportunities to work with companies on real-life consultancy projects and ‘live cases’, for instance with EDF, L’Oréal Paris, Procter & Gamble, PwC, Roland Berger, TBWA, etc.
Sponsored by a company, Certificates are a set of interdisciplinary courses and other types of field work related to a given sector. Each student selected for a certificate will be awarded an additional HEC certificate if he/she validates all the requirements of the course.
- Digital Entrepreneurship
- Digital Transformation with Axa
- Energy & Finance with Deloitte et Société Générale
- Excellence in Client Experience with LVMH
- Luxury with Kering (Gucci, Saint Laurent, Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, Stella McCartney, Sergio Rossi, Boucheron…)
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Social Business/Enterprise and Poverty with Danone, Schneider Electric and Renault.
HEC Paris considers community life to be one of the cornerstones of the education it provides. There are over 100 societies on campus with which students can get involved, covering a wide range of different activities and interests
- Arabic Society
- Christian Union
- HEC International Society
- Dance Association
- Drama Club
98% of MiM graduates get placed within 3 months of graduation. Options are pretty high for global jobs as well. Graduates can work in a wide range of sectors.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top 3 Sectors
- Financial Services
- Real Estate/ HighTechnology
Companies recruiting from HEC Paris MiM
- McKinsey & Co.
- Bain & Co.
- Oliver Wyman
- A.T. Kearney
- BNB Paribas
- Ernst & Young
- Morgan Stanley
- Goldman Sachs
- JP Morgan
- Deutsche Bank
- Air Liquide
Want to know your chances at HEC Paris?
The HEC Paris alumni network is a storehouse of successful stories of top executives and entrepreneurs. From analyst and consultant positions in Mckinsey, Amazon, Philips to founders of powerful business enterprises, they have achieved it all. More than 52,000 of the alumni are working across different sectors all around the world. The network is among the largest in Europe with the alumni based in over 132 countries. The network organizes more than 1000 of events to facilitate exchange between students and members and, also to provide counseling to prospective students. 98% of MiM graduates get placed within 3 months of graduation.
Some Famous Alumni
- Jean-Paul Agon (Chairman & CEO of L’Oréal)
- François-Henri Pinault (Chairman & CEO of Kering)
- Baudouin Prot (Chairman of BNB Paribas)
Students can choose only one out of two options available for application into HEC Paris: direct application to HEC or through SAI (Service des Admissions Internationales). SAI is the international selection process to a consortium of 5 French Business Schools including HEC Paris.
- Bachelors degree of at least three years having obtained 180 ECTS in any field of studies (engineering, social sciences, sciences, arts, etc.).
- Applicants may apply in the same year they obtain their degree.
- Not older than 30 during the application year.
AMBA, AASCB, & EQUIS
Deadlines (for HEC Direct)
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|CHINA PRE-SELECTED UNIVERSITIES ROUND
2nd October 2018
|Round 1 23rd October 2018|
|Round 2 8th January 2019|
|Round 3 27th February 2019|
|Round 4 19th April 2019|
Deadlines (for SAI applicants)
Next Deadline Approaching in
|Session Deadline Dates|
|Autumn Session 20th October 2018|
|Winter Session 7th January 2019|
|Spring Session 28th February 2019|
|Summer Session 19th April 2019|
Next Deadline Approaching in
Connect with HEC Paris
The application fees for direct application is €100 and that for the SAI application is €180.
- Degree certificate(s) or current certificate of enrolment.
- A one-page résumé (CV).
- All official up-to-date academic transcripts and official GPA.
- GMAT or GRE or TAGE MAGE official test score report.
- English language proficiency test score report (TOEFL or TOEIC or IELTS or Cambridge).
- Copy of Passport or ID card.
- 2 completed online reference forms.
- Passport-style photo in .jpg or .jpeg format only.
Application Essays (HEC Direct)
The HEC Paris (direct) application comprises of 8 long essays (1000 words long). Like most universities, HEC Paris also takes its essays very seriously and uses it as a medium to understand the strengths and weaknesses of prospective students. So make sure your essays are top notch.
Describe, in descending order, your 3 most important interests. Justify your answer. Please limit your answer to 1000 characters spacing included.
Which personal achievement are you most proud of (studies, professional life, sports etc.)? Please limit your answer to 1000 characters spacing included.
Please describe a situation where you failed and what you have learned from it. Please limit your answer to 1000 characters spacing included.
Do you have any work or internship experience? Please give us an account of your last work/internship experience (accomplishments, what you have learned). Please limit your answer to 1000 characters spacing included.
What are your reasons for choosing this program? Please limit your answer to 1000 characters spacing included.
Please describe your short term career goals. Please limit your answer to 1000 characters spacing included.
Are you applying to other programs than those of HEC Paris? Please state to which programs other than those of HEC Paris you are applying and why? Please limit your answer to 1000 characters spacing included.
Is there any additional information you would like to share with us? Please limit your answer to 1000 characters spacing included.
Application Essays (SAI)
The HEC Paris SAI applications consists of four short questions (500 characters each) and an additional question regarding your sponsorship. You have to articulately convert your thoughts into words as the character limit is less and the value of the answers is sky high. Don’t make the mistake of underestimating these short questions and make sure they help in highlighting your profile.
- Discuss your proudest accomplishments.
- Describe a situation where you faced failure, what lessons did you learn from it?
- How does your application benefit the 5-member schools?
- Did you take part in any extra-curricular activities in these past years? (hobby, non-profit, sports, etc…)
- How will you finance your studies?
Other application information
Candidates whose applications are pre-selected have to undergo an interview session in order to discuss their background, interests, goals and inspiration.