ESMT Berlin MiM overview
The ESMT MiM prepares you for a global career. The MIM program combines internships and a social impact project with applied coursework and research on the latest business and management theories. The program provides an interdisciplinary platform for discourse between management, business, and academia.
ESMT Berlin Highlights
Triple Crown Accredition
|QS WORLD RANKINGS ’18||101+|
Program and Curriculum
ESMT offers a diverse range of programs specializing in education, research and management. The students come from diverse nationalities, creating a dynamic environment on campus. ESMT has a 84% placement record. The location is quite alluring and is opposite to the UNESCO world cultural heritage Museum Island.
- Business Analytics: Data Science for Analytics, Predictive Analytics/ Machine Learning, Advanced Decision Making Tools, Risk Modeling with Spreadsheets, Value Chain Analytics
- Finance & Investments: Valuation, International Finance & Risk Management, Entrepreneurial Finance and FinTech, Portfolio Management Seminar, Advanced Finance
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation: Economics of Innovation and New Technology, The Human Factor of Innovation, ‘Startup Challenge’, Design Thinking, Entrepreneurial Finance
- Global & Digital Strategy: Global Challenges, Strategic International Management, Digital Disruption & Business Models, Digital Marketing, Digital Entrepreneurship
- Judgment & Decision-making
- Competitive and Corporate Strategy
- Business Economics
- Organizational Behaviour
- Financial Management and Corporate Finance
- Financial Accounting
One track focuses on quantitative business and includes subjects like:
- Advanced Statistics
- Operations & Supply Chain
- Investments (Portfolio Theory and Asset Pricing)
The second track concentrates on innovative management, including courses such as:
- Global Economy
- People Management and Leadership
For students fluent in German: you will choose a language needed to effectively manage business relationships in the world’s fastest growing economies. Possibilities include, but are not limited to, Chinese, Portuguese, and Spanish. There will be up to two languages on offer each year.
For students not fluent in German: you will have the chance to study German, which allows you to complete internships and projects in German organizations and dramatically increases your competitiveness on the German job market after graduation.
Students are able to practice their foreign languages during their internships, master’s thesis, and social impact project, all or some of which can be in a country where that language is spoken.
ESMT currently works with a growing number of companies to offer internships.
Please note that while ESMT has agreements with internship providers to offer internships, participants are still required to apply and pass the target company’s selection procedures. Participants may also source their own internship opportunities.
This year, students gained internship positions at (examples):
- Boeing working in Market Research & Strategy Support
- BOSCH working as Product Manager
- Citi working as Investment Banking Placement Analyst
- Daimler working as Risk Manager
- Deutsche Bank working as Global Trade Finance Product Manager
- KPMG working in the Deal Advisory
- Mercedes Benz Bank working in Risk Provisioning
- Porsche working in Business Development
- Simon Kucher & Partners working as Visiting Consultant
- United Nations working as Program Manager
- Zalando working in the Analytics and Business Department
Besides Germany, students are gaining international experience by interning in Japan, Turkey, Switzerland, France, South Korea and Kenya.
While working on their Master’s thesis, students may seek the opportunity of a second internship and carry out their research with support from practitioners. Alternatively, particularly those who intend to pursue an academic career may opt for working on a thesis topic in close coordination with a professor’s own research agenda.
- Sustainable energy projects in Bangladesh and Madagascar
- Assessing social innovation programs by a global consulting firm
- Measuring the cost of inaction in developing countries
- Developing a mobile app for health improvement
- Launching a financial literacy program for highschool students
While working on their Master’s thesis, students may seek the opportunity for a second internship and carry out their research with support from practitioners. Alternatively, particularly those who intend to pursue an academic career may opt for working on a thesis topic in close coordination with a professor’s own research agenda.
84% of MiM graduates from ESMT get placed within 3 months of graduation. Options are pretty high for global jobs as well. Graduates can work in a wide range of sectors. Hence LBS Masters in Management is an attractive proposition for most people.
Top 3 Sectors
|Technology & Telecoms||18%|
Top Companies recruiting from ESMT Berlin
- McKinsey & Company
- Ernst & Young
- Procter & Gamble
- Mercedes- Benz
Want to know your chances at ESMT Berlin?
ESMT Berlin Alumni Info
84% of MiM graduates from ESMT get placed within 3 months of graduation.
Masters In Management : Class Profile
Employment rate is strong for ESMT Berlin MiM graduates with a 96% accepted a job offer within 3 months of graduation.
- A previous degree (at least Bachelor’s equivalent). Applications will also be accepted from final-year undergraduate students awaiting completion of their degree.
- Ideally no more than 18 months of postgraduate work experience.
In order to enroll in the Quantitative Business track:
- Proof of strong quantitative abilities, whether with a degree in an analytical field (science, technology, engineering, or mathematics) or quantitative economics, finance, or a similar topic.
- OR a degree in any discipline with a strong GMAT score (top 20% globally in the quantitative section). A GMAT is highly recommended for all applicants to this stream.
- The average GMAT score is 640. ESMT’s GMAT code is H4D-SJ-86 or simply search for the school name. We also accept GRE scores, and our Designated Institution (DI) code is 7768.
In order to enroll in the Innovative Management track:
- A degree in any discipline with excellent grades.
- GMAT or GRE is optional but may be requested in certain cases by the Admissions Team.
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 31 March 2019|
|Round 2 30 May 2019|
|Round 3 31 July 2019|
Next Deadline Approaching in
- Your CV
- Transcripts to all higher education institutions attended.
- Two recommendations (forms provided by ESMT).
- TOEFL scores (95 minimum), PTE score (64 minimum), IELTS score (7 minimum) or other proficiency test. The ESMT TOEFL institution code is 8707.
- GMAT/GRE score.
ESMT MiM Long Essays
Question 1 (2500 characters maximum)
Please give us a frank description of yourself, stressing your strengths and weaknesses and the main experiences that have had an impact on your personal development. Please state examples.
Question 2 (1500 characters maximum)
What matters most to you and why?
Question 3 (1000 characters maximum)
Please discuss your short- and long-term career goals and how ESMT and the Master’s in Management will help you to achieve these.
Question 4 (1800 characters maximum)
ESMT is offering scholarships to Master’s in Management students. Please familiarize yourself with the scholarship options on their website and choose yes if you are interested in competing for an ESMT scholarship. Please name one scholarship from the list and explain why you qualify for this particular scholarship. If no specific scholarship is mentioned, your application for financial support will not be reviewed.