University of St.Gallen
Master of Arts in Strategy & International Management (SIM)
St. Gallen, Switzerland
St. Gallen SIM Overview
The St. Gallen Review is useful for people who want to gain a quick understanding of the Master of Arts in Strategy & International Management program at University of St. Gallen and understand if it would be a correct choice for them. Apart from a brief review of the school, data about the Master of Arts in Strategy & international Management application process, the class profile and placement statistics upon graduation are presented.
1st rank worldwide for 8 Years
|QS World Rankings ’18||10|
Program and Curriculum
The Master of Arts Strategy and International Management (SIM-HSG) program began in 2004 and entered Financial Times Masters in Management ranking in 2010, ranking 4th. The program is research-based, academic rigor, highly interactive in nature and practice-oriented. 100% of the faculty are doctorates and 77% are international faulty. Students are being offered internationally oriented curriculum via experiencing foreign cultures through SIMagination Challenge and SIM International Projects.
- Marketing and Consumer Behaviour
- Organizational Behaviour and Change
- Alliance & Network Strategy
- Digitalization & Customer Centricity
- Comparative Management Systems: A European and US Perspective
- Exploring Sustainability as a Strategic Opportunity
- The Global Leader & Managerial Effectiveness
- Business Model Innovation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Strategies for Renewal
- Financial Management
- Strategic Management
- International Management
- Strategic Leadership
- Research in Management
- Interactive workshops
- Field Visits to corporate offices
- International Corporate Internships
Student associations are set up around themes:
- Advanced skill trainings and counselling
- Exclusive company workshops
- Career Power Days
- SIMtensive German Language Program
- Career Fairs and company Events at HSG
St. Gallen attracts a rich cohort of renowned companies which includes the likes of Google, Credit Sussie, Amazon and more. In fact, the school has a record of 100% placement.
Top 3 Sectors
- Consulting 42%
- Finance 34%
- Corporates 25%
|Private Equity & Venture Capital||5%|
|Diversified Financial Services||3%|
|Technology & Telecoms||13%|
|Media & Entertainment||2%|
Companies recruiting from St.Gallen SiM
- Bain & Company
- Allianz SE
- Deutsche Bank
- Swiss Re
Want to know your chances at St.Gallen?
St. Gallen has a rich alumni network 21,000+ graduates who are occupying leading positions at top companies across the globe. Moreover, the community is kept actively engaged via 43 alumni clubs. The university has established ‘HSG Alumni Association’ to create value not only for alumni but also for the University, its students and faculty. In doing so, HSG Alumni adopts three strategies: Friendraising, by which the alumni foster and expand the network of former students of the University of St.Gallen. Fundraising, by which the alumni give back some of what the University has given to them through financial support; and Brainraising, by which the alumni share their practical knowledge and experiences with the University
Some Famous Alumni
- Josef Meinrad Ackermann, former CEO Deutsche Bank
- Peter Wuffli, CEO-UBS AG
- Klaus Tschütscher , Twelfth Prime Minister of Liechtenstein
Average Work Exp
- Recognized degree with atleast 180 ECTS Credit points
- Evidence of linguistic proficiency
- Evidence of proficiency in atleast 1 foreign language
- Evidence of sufficient accounting knowledge
- Valid GMAT/GRE Score
AASCB, & EQUIS
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 October 2018|
|Round 2 December 2018|
|Round 3 March 2018|
|Round 4 April 2018|
Next Deadline Approaching in
Connect with St.Gallen
- Digital passport photo
- Signed “General Provisions of the University of St. Gallen”
- Passport or ID card and, if applicable, a Swiss (permanent) residence permit
- Curriculum vitae in English – style template
- Supporting documents for extracurricular activities
- Evidence of linguistic proficiency in English
- Essay in English
- GMAT or GRE test (official or unofficial score report)
- Higher education entrance qualification (Swiss Matura, foreign secondary school leaving certificate)
- Degree documents, if available. Otherwise current official transcripts from each university attended (including exchange programmes and transcripts from unfinished degree programmes). The current transcript must show at least 120 ECTS credit points for courses taken so that we can process your application. In the case of double degree programmes or “joint degrees”, transcripts from each attended university including explanatory notes on the course programme must be submitted.
- If any of the documents are not issued in German, French, Italian or English, you must also submit a certified translation of the document in German or English. Please observe our guidelines “Certified documents and translations”.
- Only one file can be uploaded per bullet point. You can use online tools such as online2pdf.com to create PDF files or to combine several pages into one PDF file. Make sure the files you send to us are legible so that we can process your application without delay.
- Swiss citizens need their Swiss social insurance number (AHV number) for the application. If you do not know your insurance number, please order a duplicate of your insurance certificate from the Swiss Central Compensation Office in good time.
Through the SIM Essay, you are asked to critically reflect upon a relevant question. You are encouraged to express your own view on the question’s topic in a structured manner, whilst remaining true to your personal style. The strength of the argumentation, evidence of critical and creative thinking, communication skills and a structured reasoning should prevail over the use of literature or content research.
“Today humanity is facing unprecedented challenges on a global scale. In your view, are we asking the right questions, are we focusing on the relevant root problems-or have we so far missed out to address the key drivers of our progress and well-being? Please focus your critical reflections on the one most fundamental key driver and argue thoroughly.”
This Argumentative essay is a way for them to see your writing style, thought process as well as your analytical abilities. They complement your CGPA and give the ad com a way to understand your academic potential.