UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School
UCD Smurfit MiM Overview
The comprehensive full-time Masters program is tailored for graduates with a non-business degree. It is designed to give a solid business and instill key management skills in its graduates. Further, it focuses on fostering creativity, analytical and team-work skills.
What does the school say?
“On successful completion of this course, graduates should be well placed to begin their career within any organisational or business context.”
UCD Smurfit Highlights
|QS World Rankings ’18||40|
Program and Curriculum
Facilitated by internationally educated academics and industry experts, with this program, you will gain a conceptual understanding of management concepts as well as business models. You will develop your analytical skills to strategize, and solve real business-world problems. Further, your personal and professional growth would be encouraged through a range of group and extracurricular activities.
- Business and Financial Environments
- Accounting Information for Managers
- Marketing Management
- Developing Cultural Competence
- Managing Group and Organisational Cultures
- Business Information Systems Management
- Human Resource Management
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Project Management
- Corporate Finance
- Business Simulation
- Global Strategic Management
- Business and Society
- Aspire Scholarships
- Bord Bia Scholarships
- China MSc Merit Based Scholarships
- Michael Smurfit MSc Scholarships
- MSc Aviation Finance Scholarship
- MSc in Business Analytics Derek O’Connor Scholarship sponsored by Next Generation Recruitment
- MSc Merit Based Scholarships for International Students
- MSc Merit Based Scholarships for non-UCD Students / Graduates
- MSc Merit Based Scholarships for UCD Final Year Students
- MSc Merit Based Scholarships open to Vietnamese students
- Norman C. T. Liu Aviation Scholarship
- Returning Study Abroad UCD Scholarship
- UCD Sports Graduate Scholarship Programme
- Vietnam – Irish Aid IDEAS Programme – Irish Government Scholarship
Here are some of the student societies:
- Actuarial & Financial
- Belfield FM
- Commerce & Economics
- Film & Video
- Harry Potter
- International Students
- Socialist Worker
- UCD Disability, Inclusion & Awareness Society
Here are some of the clubs:
- Kick-Boxing (Lau Gar)
- Pool & Snooker
- Swimming & Waterpolo
- Table Tennis
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Applied Research for Connected HealthApplied Research for Connected Health
- CBA: The Centre for Business Analytics
- Centre for Financial Markets
- CITO: The Centre for Innovation, Technology & Organisation
- ERC Project – European Union Jean Monnet Chair
- Financial Mathematics Computation Cluster
- Natural Computing and Research Applications Group UCD Centre for Corporate Governance
- UCD Cantillon Research Centre
- Centre for Business and Society (CeBaS)
86% of MiM graduates get placed within 3 months of graduation. Options are pretty high for global jobs as well. Graduates can work in a wide range of sectors.
Companies recruiting from UCD Smurfit
- Ernst & Young
- JP Morgan
Want to know your chances at UCD Smurfit?
UCD Smurfit Alumni Info
UCD global alumni network has over 70,000 graduates spread over 100 countries. UCD actively promotes networking among its alumni network members through various reunions and events to create mutually beneficial and lifelong business relationships.
Some Famous Alumni
- Conor McGann – Senior Account Manager (Sales) at Google
- Conor Breen – Jameson Brand Development Executive Pernod Ricard
- Vivian Pucher – Associate Account Strategist Google
MiM of UCD is considered one of the most prolific business courses in the world. with its learned scholars and professionals, batch of quality business leaders of tomorrow are graduated. Every year it raises its bar for admission as it thrives on best of best applicants for its management programme.
- Have a minimum second-class honors degree or its equivalent.
- Applications are invited from graduates with non-business primary degrees who want to pursue a career in business.
- Graduates who don’t have English as their first language require an English language qualification.
UCD Smurfit Deadlines
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 Rolling admissions|
Next deadline approaching in
Want to know your chances at UCD ?
Get your Profile Evaluated now!
- Online application form
- Application Essays: 2 essays
- One page CV
- 2 Letter of recommendations: One academic & One professional
- A copy of college transcript
- IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge CPE, Trinity ISE IV or PTE Academic score (for some international students)
- Application fee of €50
The UCD Smurfit MiM application comprises of 2 essays. Smurfit takes its essays quite seriously and uses it as a medium to understand the strengths and weaknesses of prospective students. So, make sure your essays are top notch.
UCD Smurfit MiM Essays
Question 1 (300 words)
Please state your reasons for wishing to undertake this programme? Ideally, how would you like to see your career develop over the next 5 years?
Question 2 (300 words)
We receive a large number of applications for limited places, please state why you should be selected above other applicants?